Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 April 2013

I Can't Believe......

 http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4646276.html

"Power is not meant for bureaucratic hands"

POWER IN BUREAUCRATIC HANDS IS THE ONLY THING THAT PROTECTS SOCIETY FROM RADICAL NEOLIBERAL FREE MARKETEERS SUCH AS chris berg .

CONTRARY TO HIS BELIEFS IT IS AN OBSERVABLE FACT, OBVIOUS TO AN OPEN MINDED RENAISSANCE MAN SUCH AS MYSELF THAT THE MARKET IS A HARLOT WHO/WHICH NEEDS TO BE CONTROLLED, AND THAT OPEN SLATHER COMPETION IS ALWAYS A BAD IDEA.


I can't believe the crap that is given credence via publication.

Rather, I fully understand the need for the ABC to publish ALL opinions. Given this, I congratulate the ABC for none-the-less refraining from publishing the rabid shockjock opinions extant on talkback radio.

I follow Chris Berg. I've read his book- have it on my kindle so I can re-read it when necessary- and I always read his articles on the Drum website. He is a highly articulate and intelligent person who deserves to be published. 

His association with a right wing think tank: The Institute of Public Affairs, means that everything he says must be viewed through the sepia-glass of right-wing bias. Most people do not possess this sepia-glass and so someone who does possess such a tool must step into the void to maintain the balance.

I note that Mungo McCallum does a good job of this. Jeff Sparrow jumps in now and again. Greg Jericho, whose book on the fifth estate is a good read, goes into battle on a weekly basis, in a lucid and persuasive stile backed up by lots of data proving his points. How can any one argue with observations backed up data to prove and show it. Chris Berg always finds a way.

Did I hear someone say "What is your Point?"

Yes Mr Grasshopper we can always remain relatively content that the opinions of the Right will be balanced by the real opinions of the Left in such a way that a middle road is followed in the public discourse.We must remain forever vigilant that this process is achieved. If not our ponderous democratic system is in peril and we are all in danger.       

   

No comments:

Post a Comment