Total Pageviews

Friday 10 April 2015

oh no

Went to my first ALP Branch meeting last night.

Pretty cool.

Lots of heavy duty ALP faithful, lifetime members, union dudes etc.

And they are all around my age.

Mark Mcgowan, leader of the state opposition, MLA for Rockingham, and the next Premier of Western Australia, attended and spoke to us. We are in a seriously bad situation with the state economy and budget. I haven't been paying attention so I didn't realise how bad. The loss of our triple A credit rating, which I did hear about and commented on, pointed to a bad situation, but I hadn't realised it was a full blown crisis..

He said Barney was gifted with a $3 billion budget deficit  on taking office and has so mismanaged everything since then that it has now blown out to $30 billion. Yes that is a tenfold fuckup in the space of six and a half years. These were years of prosperity. The price of iron ore was high. Large royalties were paid.

WHERE IS ALL THAT MONEY!!!???

I am angry. Aren't you?????

No comments:

Post a Comment